Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Why I Blog

I've been asked several times why I blog. With this post, I hope to answer your question.

Yes, I would blog even if no one else ever read what I write. Taking the time to sit here and write out my beliefs not only makes me question & justify what I believe with logic and fact, but it also sharpens my critical thinking skills. Every now and then we need to take inventory of what we really believe and why, just to make sure nothing too weird sneaks in under the radar. I find that this is an effective method of doing such. I'm not writing to please anyone. I'm not writing to become popular or for recognition. I'm writing for me and for my own pleasure. If someone else happens to stumble into my little round corner of cyber-space and they learn something from what they've read here, I'm glad they learned something. Blogging has almost become a sport to me. A sport in that I like to see how effectively and clearly I can convey my own ideas and also point out inconsistencies in the arguments and beliefs of others. Since I enjoy debates, that makes it all the easier.


Crispy