Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Crispy's Tech Tips II

As a prerequisite, please read my October "Crispy's Tech Tips" post first.

In addition to the programs I mentioned in that post, there are a few revisions.

Firewalls & AntiVirus: I am now running Trend Micro's PC cillin Internet Security. After reading some reviews, I decided to look for a new firewall. I gave Outpost's firewall a try and was thoroughly dissatisfied. I gave PC cillin a try next & have been using it since. As a result of switching over to PC cillin, I had to get rid of AntiVir because PC cillin is a firewall & antivirus program all in one. I still recommend AntiVir for users who have a separate firewall program.

General Software - Please add to your lists Webroot's (the makers of Windows Washer) Spy Sweeper. This program is nothing short of amazing. It does such a thorough job that I put it in my "Must Have" list. Well worth the $29.95.

Crispy