Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Some More Life Issues

I started writing this post on the 25th, but I was having trouble summing up everything that I wanted to say in it. I was also battling with some of the content because I didn't want this to come off as sounding like a "wanted" ad.

What possesses people who are already "talking" to someone to begin flirting and starting other dating relationships? Could it be that I am too old fashioned for these modern times? Is it that the concept of one romantic relationship at a time is passe`? I don't believe I am thatout of touch with society. I was talking with one of my closest friends yesterday and it seems to us that females enjoy playing the dating game. He and I, however, both gotten to the point that we're tired of playing games and only want to date girls who are serious about having a relationship and the possibility of marriage, since that is the whole point of dating. Are there any virtuous and mature young ladies still out there? I'm not interested in going out with a wiggle and a giggle. Don't get me wrong, those things are nice too, but if that is the sole attraction, you've already lost my interest. The conversation cannot end after the greeting. As my pastor says, back home in Florida, "Some people have the entrance of a palace with the contents of a hut." Maybe this is an unreal expectation but there has to be at least one girl out there with the entrance of a palace and the contents of a palace. Anything else just won't do it.

Some time ago, I decided to live by these words:
"I will never be labeled as 'average'."
And I'm not going to let a relationship take that away from me. For those of you who know me & know me well, you understand what I am saying. She needs to be a little extreme. I like to do things with full afterburners. I don't have half-commitments and wishy-washy stuff. Black or white. All the way or don't even try. If I go play a sport (recreational), I'm there to win. I'm not there to have fun. I'm there to give it 110% and do everything within my power (and within the rules, most of the time) to ensure that my team wins. Blood, sweat, tears, everything I've got. If it requires taking a pitch in the kidneys, so be it. As a joke I had with my Dad, "No blood? No broken bones? Get back in the game." It is one thing to joke about that. It is another to live by it, and that's what I do. Which brings me to another point...

If you say you are going to do something, then do it, please. If something comes up and you are going to have to back out of something you agreed to, then notify the affected parties in a timely manner. This is just common sense stuff. Even if you did forget, don't tell them that. Do try to be respectful of other people's time. Is it just me or does it seem like your friends are more respectful of you time, generally, than those who have a "closer" relationship? Maybe I've just run into psychos... I don't know, but it sure seems to be the norm these days.

I would like to hear some feedback from females in their late-teens through early twenties. I am rather curious what your opinions are on this matter. If you would prefer to not post your comments publicly, you can also email me.


This subject is probably going to be something that we will continue to visit and revisit as time goes on.

Crispy