Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Freedom of Speech & High School Yearbooks

Remember the post I made about the high school student whose picture for the seniors' section of the yearbook was refused because he was holding a shot gun? Well, young Mr. Blake Douglass is taking the school to court, FoxNews reported!

"Maybe it’s not fair but that’s the reality," (Nathan) Greenberg (superintendent) said, adding that "part of our contention is that it could be construed that the school could be endorsing guns."
Hey meathead, ever hear of the Constitution? I think that little document endorses the ownership of firearms.

You all know my opinion on this matter. If you don't, refer my earlier post which I linked to at the beginning of this particular post. Also, make note that the school turned down requests for a JROTC program and a trap shooting shotgun team.

Good luck, Blake Douglass, and congratulations on your upcoming graduation.

Crispy


*Special thanks to WanderingMind for bringing this story update to my attention.