Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Is Your Dell Laptop Running Slow?

As many of you know (I hope), Microsoft released Service Pack 2 for the Windows XP "operating system" a few months back. Well, after installing this update, many Dell Inspiron 1150 users noticed that their laptops were running at a near crawl (more so than usual with Windows). The reason being there was some SNAFU with the power management settings in Windows' Control Panel.

If it hadn't been for Consumer Reports' recent article, many users wouldn't have been able to remedy the situation because the hum-dingers at Dell decided to only send out notification emails to the Dell owners who elected to receive "support alerts from Dell online". Instead of Dell, at the very least, posting a NOTAM (NOtice To All Members) on their website, you have to go through their website, which was designed by a 3 year old, and search through their "Knowledge Base" (original wording) for the fix. After trying a few search terms that didn't yield the result I was looking for on the first page, I entered "SP2 slow performance" as my search query and it returned the page I was looking for, as the second and third results. If I hadn't already been to Dell's fix page (via the Consumer Reports article), I wouldn't have known that "Dell Inspiron 1150 Update for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)" was the page I was looking for.

If you are a Dell owner and you're just now finding out there is a fix for your snail-slow laptop, all I have to say is, "Dude, that's what you get for wasting your money on a Dell."


Crispy

P.S. - Hippies smell.