Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Monday, January 09, 2006

It's All in a Sentence

I was just lying down to go to sleep for a bit when I started thinking... I once heard a girl say, "There are two ways to a man's heart. One is through his stomach, with food, and the other is to turn him on." As I peeled away my hand from mentally smacking my forehead, I thought about the inaccuracy of that statement. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that her statement contained zero (0) accuracy. She didn't hit the target, and for that matter, she hadn't even fired in the right direction. There are multiple ways to a man's heart, but it isn't through the flesh. Her "game plan" will give you a fun night or two, but after that, it's over. There was no connection between the individuals. And let me add, that isn't love. That's lust. [insert PC smile here]

The way to a man's heart is quite simple, and that is to touch his heart. I can imagine the quizzical expressions already. The route that I think works best is sincerity, honesty and kindness. Not brownies and a bikini.

You need to listen to the things that people say. Through one simple sentence, you can tell exactly where a person is at. Through her statement I knew that 1) She didn't know what love really is, and 2) She wasn't really looking for love. She was looking for a teddy bear - something to be held when it is desired and discarded once the loneliness has temporarily left again. Her statement also revealed that she had not had the best relationships in the past, since that's her idea of love and that was her method of attaining it. Heck, I can go get a Fudge Brownie Sunday at a Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's anywhere across America. How would I pick which one to date & marry then? And after I've eaten the brownie, what then? What is left other than dirty dishes?

Sincerity, honesty, and kindness are lasting. Brownies and good looks will diminish and disappear.

Crispy