Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Are They Still Acting?

I've been looking for a suitable topic to blog about recently, but nothing was coming to mind. I couldn't even run into a situation where I experienced something to write about. And as I sit here and write letting my words take me in whatever direction, I realized that too many people say, "When I get such & such, I'll be happy," or, "Once I get some more money, I'll be happy." Guess what. Money, alone, won't make you happy. Look at Hollywood. Those are some of the richest, and most dysfunctional, people on the face of the earth. Do you think they're happy? "Well they sure look it!" Of course they look it! That's why they're called "actors" and "actresses". They put on a show.

I'm starting to think that acting, as much as they do, damages the human psychie beyond repair. How many times do we see a Hollywood couple break up just after one of them does a movie with a different person of the opposite sex and hook up with said individual? Example: Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston who was recently replaced by, just forgot her name... the tall one with the jacked up face... Tomb Raider girl. (See how much I care about Hollywood?) Brad & What's-her-name just did that Mr. & Mrs. Smith movie. They act so much that their mind can no longer distinguish between reality and fiction. The movie set and their everyday lives become interchangeable. Similar to my theory about how women who watch Sex & City (& all those other shows on my hit list) eventually crave for the same drama and types of relationships in their lives as those portrayed on the show, I think the Hollywood crowd begins to demand the same type of drama in their lives that is found in the movies they make.

Getting off that rabbit trail and back to where I wanted this to go... Realize that life is right now. Life doesn't begin when you get that new car, that big promotion, a new boyfriend, or the new, louder, more retarded bird. Life is going on right now. Why waste time being drunk or high? It really isn't worth it. If something is bothering you, change it. Don't complain about what you permit in your own life. And if whatever is bothering you isn't in your life, get over it. You aren't responsible for everyone else's decisions. They need to live their own life. Let them feel the consequences of their decisions. Don't cushion their fall. Maybe they'll eventually get the clue and change. Then, you won't even have the issue to worry about anymore, even though you'll probably find something else to fret about.

As much as I hate to do this, to quote some lyrics from Switchfoot, "This is your life. Are you who you want to be?" If you aren't, you are the only one capable of changing you into whatever you want to be.

Crispy