Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

George Washington & Serial Numbers: Tonight's Adventure in Ethics

We were discussing the police subculture and, in turn, the personality of police officers (in relation to predisposition). The instructor used the arrangement of money in a wallet as an example. He said most officers will have their money arranged according to denomination. Somehow the conversation began to deteriorate. I suppose that's because the universe moves toward chaos instead of order. Anyway... "Flabby Freckles" speaks up.

Let me first say that for some unknown reason she thought it would be a great idea to sit behind me instead of next to me for tonight's class. Well, she must be ADHD because she wouldn't stop moving around. Her feet were on that book rack underneath my chair and I could feel her shaking the entire class. With that on top of the fact that I just don't like her, she was running a high risk of being stabbed in the throat with my pen when we were only about ten minutes into the class. I eventually pulled my desk-chair assembly several inches forward to give her a clue. I'm not sure if she caught on.

Anyway, she pipes up about how she organizes the money in her wallet. At this point, I'm ready to just put my head down and try my best to contain the impending explosion because I just know this is going to be a winner. She proceeds to tell us that she arranges her money according to denomination in ascending or descending order. Okay, I do that too. THEN she arranges it according to the serial numbers. I spin around as fast as possible to see if she's serious. She's completely deadpan. As the entire class lets out a "She's nuckin futs!" courtesy laugh, I realize that I have to sit here for another hour & 30 minutes+ with some girl who's one green Maraschino cherry short of a fruitcake sitting right behind me!

I fear for the future of humanity...

Crispy