Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Monday, December 05, 2005

Non-Buffalo Chicken, Drive Thrus and Retards II

I couldn't wait to get this post started.

As I sit here and my lips tingle, as my nose runs, as every breath I draw in cools my mouth and as every exhaling breath re-ignites a fire, I am well pleased. I decided to go back to the now-infamous chicken place. I place my order, nearly word-for-word as I did last time. It had been so long since I had actually had gotten what I ordered that after she read back my order, I wasn't sure if the total she gave me was correct. I pulled forward and proceeded to wait. By the way, Mr. Drive Thru is no longer there (imagine that!). They have a Ms. Drive Thru now. I also noticed that this marks a month, almost to the day, from the last time I wrote about my visit to the said establishment. Anyway, back to our riveting story.

So, I pull up to the window, we trade cash for food and as the bag passes my nose, my nose hairs get ever so slightly singed. Perfect! The bag is also about the correct weight. She hands me my drink, gives me my change & I'm off. I make it out of the parking lot and am waiting at the stop sign when I realize that this is going to turn into Part II of that first post. So, between traffic and the person in front of me, I get bored and start digging for my straw. I quickly retrieve it and proceed to insert it into my drink. I pick up the cup & take my first sip. *gag* Well, it wasn't sweet tea, but at least it was iced tea. I was still happy because tea can be easily made sweet, but chicken cannot easily be made buffalo (other than with Tabasco MRE-specific serving bottles).

I get back to my cell block, I mean, the barracks, and take my treasure to my room. I cannot express to you my level of joy at this point in time. I felt like Jesus Jr. Everything was right in the world. I sit down & unpack it all. They even remembered my two pouches of bleu cheese dressing that I ordered!! It was great; I almost was ready to sing Christmas songs - ALMOST. I opened up the black Styrofoam box which housed my food & there they were: Ten of the most beautiful looking chicken fingers I had ever seen, covered in buffalo sauce. I sit and eat in complete ecstasy for approximately the next 20 minutes.

As feeling begins to return to my lips, I just wanted all of my loyal readers out there to realize that there is hope for mankind. Even though they didn't score a 100% on my order, they came a lot closer than they have in the past. Don't give up on your fellow man... just yet.

Crispy