Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Few Words on Leadership

I just got back to my room from a training exercise that was supposed to end at 1830 (6:30PM). Usually we have to stay for a few extra minutes for administrative items and we are usually free to go around 1845. We were finally let go around 1915. Now, 45 minutes isn't something that I'm going to flip a lid about. You can try to waste my time & smoke me until Taps. I don't friggin' care; Until: You start preventing my people from doing things they need to do (ie: attend class, get some friggin' food before the Chow Hall closes; simply things like that). As you have probably guessed, I just witnessed and was subject to some of the worst leadership I've seen in my entire life.

To Leaders: Don't waste your people's time. Your people are your most valuable asset. Treat them like you care about them. And don't friggin' get mad because your people are motivated, having a good time, and executing the training correctly. Just because you suck as a human being (no exaggeration) and have no friends, don't take it out on your subjects. Take care of your people and respect their time. When the stupid training schedule says that training will be complete at 1830, stop training at 1830.

The proof that I am a Christian is that a certain person, a straight leg, I might add, is still breathing and walking on this earth.

Thanks for listening.
God Bless You,
God Bless America,
AIRBORNE All the Way,

Crispy