Google
 
Web crispy23.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Mark is Near, Rather, It is Here

I sure didn't expect to see this in the news while I was still in college. I was almost sure it would come about around the time that I was retiring after a full career in the military. Vox Day writes in his most recent article on WND about a small section of the recently proposed Intelligence Reform Bill. It is disguised as a National Birth & Death Registration System.

    In consultation with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Commissioner of Social Security, the Secretary shall take the following actions:

  1. Work with the States to establish a common data set and common data exchange protocol for electronic birth registration systems and death registration systems.
  2. Coordinate requirements for such systems to align with a national model.
  3. Ensure that fraud prevention is built into the design of electronic vital registration systems in the collection of vital event data, the issuance of birth certificates, and the exchange of data among government agencies.
  4. Ensure that electronic systems for issuing birth certificates, in the form of printed abstracts of birth records or digitized images, employ a common format of the certified copy, so that those requiring such documents can quickly confirm their validity.
  5. Establish uniform field requirements for State birth registries.
If that isn't enough to make you clench your jaw, I don't know what is.

Since WanderingMind has thoughts similar to my own, I will yield the rest of my time to the fanatical, right-wing, Bible-thumping, Libertarian (just like me) from Florida.

Crispy